Port Hope Pier c1892
Points of interest in the image include; The Market and Town Hall, built in 1851- gutted by fire in 1893 and rebuilt the same year; Peplow and Salter Flour Mills - became Hayward's Woolen Mills and was Byer's Woolen Mills when it was gutted by fire in 1891; The old Post Office; Helm's Dam; The Steamer 'North King' - Formerly  'The Norseman'; The Schooner 'William Jamieson'; The Dredge 'Nipissing'; Fire Hall hose drying tower - added to the Fire Hall in 1880; Canada House.

Use the form below to comment on this article. A name is required, optional email address will not be revealed.